Wednesday, April 27, 2005

psycho


psycho
Originally uploaded by fourthirtythree.
I just got lost on the web, was going to just post a quick link to the great edit of both versions of Psycho played together. I've never heard of Frank Hudec before, but I like this, the Usual Suspects edit on the same page doesn't come close to it. It seems like Gus van Sant's is a mirror image of the original - probably made it handier for copying on set. As an aside, I could never understand the adulation van Sant got - didn't like any of his movies that I saw (I even sat through an early one with William Burroughs in it at the Pompidou centre), but I loved Elephant. I got the link from Bitter Cinema, and followed a link there about the legendary Skidoo. I first came across this picture in the biography of the Marx brothers Groucho, Harpo, Chico and sometimes Zeppo, and have wanted to watch it, intermittently, since. Of course it has never been released on VHS or DVD, of course it is available at this marvellous site with all sorts of non-released and incredibly strange films. I got that link at a fine film site. But of course it's available cheaper on ebay. Plus, you can watch clips from it. Got to get the credit card out.

No comments: